Routerman P. Warner

Default Help with questions. Old B&D router

Good little 1/4" tool. The latest generation of that guy was the
DW(DeWalt) 610, which has been replaced by the 618.
A modest trimmer for light work, would not recommend for router table;
you'll burn it up.
http://www.patwarner.com (Routers)

20 years ago I purchased a Black and Decker router for a few projects,
which I used it for and put it away in storage. Today, new home, new
projects. I have decided to setup a small wood shop to work on a few
projects and to give me something to do when the projects are
complete. So I am trying to figure out how to use/integrate this
router. It is model# 7613 type 3, 8.5amp and spins at 25000rpm and
runs great, might have been used 10 to 15 hours.

Step one would be for recommendations, when I search the net for
anything about/dealing with this router I find virtually nothing. Of
course I would like recommendations to fit with what I want, need and
desire if possible.

The biggest, grandest thing I would like to do with this is setup a
router table. I do know of a plate that fits this router to use in a
table. Is there a plate or a universal plate or would I have to make
one? Another is bushings for cutting dovetails and other patterns, is
there something to fit the base on this router? Maybe a replacement
base that would accept bushings?

If you were me how do you see this router getting its best use? What
do you see doing to this router to get the best use of it? What would
you not do with it?

Any recommendations would be appreciated, along with recommendations,
a means to accomplish them. Websites, vendors, books, etc.

Thanks!