Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT. Obama, dictator of America.

On Jun 20, 2:44*pm, wrote:
On Jun 20, 8:01*am, Frank wrote:

On 6/20/2010 7:53 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
~Interesting link for y'all.
I thought Obama was supposed to be a "liberal"/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...Obama-given-ri....

Interesting that people are up in arms against Obama for this. Pretty
much evidence that they don't read and comprehend. The law was proposed
by Joe Lieberman, a usually conservative Democrat. Much as I dislike
Obama, I don't think he had anything to do with this.

Another bill like this was proposed and knocked down quickly as I
suspect this one will be also.

Lieberman is not conservative but very liberal. *Where he differs from
the Democrats is his strong support of Israel and our military.
Unlike Democrats, he's a man of principal.- Hide quoted text -

Before everyone gets their shorts up in a knot over this proposed law,
it would be a good idea to think about what the law would be intended
to do instead of blindly taking the abuse of power, worse case
scenario.

Let's say that a terrorist like the recent Times Square bomber is
captured and during interrogation, discloses a plan by other
terrorists to create a massive cyber attack on the US internet system
tomorrow. * Searching his computers backs up his claim, but all that
can be determined is that they are planning on using internet service
provider X to do it. * Would you not want the president to be able to
tell provider X to temporarily suspend it's service until measures
could be taken to prevent the attack from working? * You could argue
that any reasonable service provider would voluntarily take such
action once contacted. *However, doing so would potentially open them
to all sorts of legal liability from ****ed off customers, especially
if it later turned out that the attack wasn't real and the
administration starts back-pedalling on what they actually asked the
ISP to do. *If the president orders them to do it, then you have
assurance that not only will they comply, but they will be relieved of
liability.

And what kind of illegitimate stunt using this law do you think a
president could pull without being impeached?- Hide quoted text -

All sounds pretty Stalinist to me.