Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Schematics & standards

In article ,
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Regarding resistor values: Who the hell came up with that new way of
specifying resistance values, like "10R" "or 5K6" or whatever? And why
use this system? I've always used the plain value of the resistance:
10, 56, 5.6K, 56K, etc. Simple, obvious, requires no interpretation.
Is this some kind of Euro thing?

I first saw that on this newsgroup. My question is what idiots came up
with it and why?

It's been around on this side of the pond for many a year. It uses fewer
characters and no chance of not seeing that little full stop in a poorly
copied diagram. Like everything else you need to get used to it, though.

--
*If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.