Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

On Jun 20, 2:43*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jun 19, 3:59*am, Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

You lot, I think, with your penchant for the rights of the individual
have local education boards, run by the citizenry(?) so any rational
analysis, or organisation of resources, would be nigh on impossible.
As would agreement between groups on how to organise.....anything.....

Andrew VK3BFA.

What soured you so badly? That's a Marxist misrepresentation.

Sorry Jim - if it was Marxist, it was completely unintentional. But it
would be a bit like herding cats - more time and energy on the
politics than the project. It just seems an extra, unnecessary step,
thats all.

I aint a Communist, it was tried, didn't work, so why bother with
that particular doctrine anymore. Eastern Europe etc has gone back to
be warring tribes, dont think we have to worry too much about any of
them. The Russians have got their hands full anyway with all the
ethnic tension stuff. And ****ing themselves with laughter at what we
are doing in Afghanistan - pretty much a parallel situation, NATO/
control Kabul (sort of) and can go outside if heavily armed and that
they sleep in fortified encampments otherwise they all get killed. As
did the Russians.

Dont know if it happens there, but here we had a story a while ago
about this Australian soldier in Afghanistan. Turned out he had been
there before - in the Russian army. Same job though. Silly bugger had
enlisted in the army when he migrated here.......

Andrew VK3BFA.