Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Sizing a mini-split a/c

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:55:37 -0500, Steve wrote:

thats not correct a correct statement, with the new Fujitsu mini-split heat
pumps.... they use Variable frequency inverter drives and literally vary
their motor and compressor speeds for demand dehumidification without
turning the place into a walk in freeze box. The RLQ and RLS series
literally vary their output from 40% to 115% of their rated capacity
depending on demand.

Hi Steve,

You've sold me. I have wanted a variable speed a/c for more than 20 years.
When I put the Carrier packaged unit on the roof six years ago I wanted it.
But it wasn't an option, so I settled for undersizing it a little. Then
when I replaced my downstairs regular split unit two years ago it was
available! This being the Carrier Infinity. It is nice to find out that
this feature is finally making it to the mini-splits.

My friend (we're in Brooklyn) just now has to get a couple proposals and
get the coop to approve the hole through the outside wall. There is already
electricity outside on the balcony. I would think a 3/4"-1" hole would do.

Thanks, Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).