Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Kevin's Conundrums...

each of the various glues hardens by different means.

white/yellow glue by the extraction of moiture
cyanoacrilate by the exclusion of air (and the introduction of certain
catalyzing agents)
poly glue by absorption of moisture
epoxy by catalytic reaction
Silicon adhesive - by absorption of moisture
Hide glue by cooling. (same as hotmelt)
the list goes on, some are catalyzed by UV, some by temperature,

"Nova" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
mmunications...

Leon wrote:

Have you never had to clean out a glue bottle nozzle??? Glue does dry
in a bottle.

Well sure, but as I noted there's a *little* air in the bottle. And when
I've cleaned my nozzles they're usually pretty goopy, not a fully
hardened mass. Maybe if they sat for 6 months...

Might be a temperature thing. LOL.. Down here in Houston, TX my nozzles
gett prety stopped up with hardened glue. I typically have to pull the
cap off and grab the glue with needle nose plyers.

Any way a sealed bottle contains and prevents the loss of moisture, I
think loss of moisture is required for the glue to cure.

Don't get me started on the polyurethane glues, the humidity is enough
to set that stuff up down here. ;~)

Finger Cots.

--
Jack Novak