Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
DT DT is offline

Default Sizing a mini-split a/c

In article ,
says...
snipped
It does *not* mean that. Unfortunately, the mini splits do not have a very
sophisticated control scheme. All the dehumidify mode means is that the
unit
cycles on and off on a fixed timer. It does not control temperature at all
in
this mode. Mine runs for something like 7 minutes on, then 3 minutes off.

thats not correct a correct statement, with the new Fujitsu mini-split heat
pumps.... they use Variable frequency inverter drives and literally vary
their motor and compressor speeds for demand dehumidification without
turning the place into a walk in freeze box. The RLQ and RLS series
literally vary their output from 40% to 115% of their rated capacity
depending on demand.

Nice. Sounds expensive, but nice! I have had my mini split for 4 years and
when I researched them back then I was dismayed at how unsophisticated they
were. One thing that might improve them is a true remote temperature sensor
(not just a remote control). I added a remote sensor and controller with
adjustable span to a window unit and it transformed the way it controlled the
room temperature and lowered the humidity.

--
DT