Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electric Meter

On 6/19/2010 8:53 AM, mm wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:28:27 -0400,
wrote:

On 6/19/2010 9:04 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
In , Jim wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote:

-snip-

Your electric and gas meters were inside the house? Yeah,
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Pretty common in the northeast in old houses in the cities.

My water meter is still in my basement and I've been reading it every
6 months for 25 years. Supposed to go to electronic, remote read
meters this summer.

I have *never* seen either a gas or electric meter inside a house. Water
meters, sure. Gas and electric? Won't believe it without a photo.

Why not? Extremely common around here especially for multioccupant
buildings and in the older areas.

Becaue the wives used to stay home like they should now. So being
indoors wasn't a problem.

So your daddy was actually the meter reading man?

TDD