Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

Some Guy wrote in :

Tom Horne wrote:

Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs
medical oxygen (...)

And just to be clear -

Welding oxygen is more (way more) than just compressed "air".
And what I mean by "air" is the stuff that's all around us
right now.

Yes?

To be precise it is way less. The air we breath is roughly twenty
percent oxygen.

And what I meant by "way more" was that welding oxygen has a higher
oxygen content (or oxygen concentration) vs ordinary air. So I don't
know why you'd say it's "way less".

it's "way less" because for a given volume of gas,you get only ONE
element;oxygen,while "air" also gives you
nitrogen,argon,helium,krypton,xenon.
Not that they have any benefit,but it's "more" than what you get with pure
O2. ;-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik