Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus20428 Ignoramus20428 is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On 2010-06-19, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Ignoramus20428 wrote:
What I would REALLY not want is to injure this woodchuck, so that it
runs away and then dies in a burrow under my porch. That would really
stink!

Dying in the burrow probably wouldn't be so bad, if you closed it up
with dirt. I once had a raccoon die under a plywood "porch" that was
only inches off the ground & the only way to extract the corpse was to
reach in & pull it out. Piece by piece, that is, 'cause by the time I
had figured out where that awful smell was coming from, it was well into
decomposition. That was THE most disgusting thing I've ever done, and
I've done some disgusting things.

That does sound very disgusting indeed. I am not easily grossed out,
and was called to remove dead animals, but not this big and not in
advanced stage of decomposition.