Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

In article , Some Guy wrote:

Harry K wrote:

Yes there is a difference according to my first aid training (years
ago). You can use in the case of emergency. It is IIRC too dry to
use for extended periods (I should have paid more attention to that
discussion).

From what I've been reading tonight, ALL forms of compressed oxygen
(Aviation, Medical, Welding) come from the SAME source (a tank of Liquid
Oxygen - LOX) and are transfered to variously labelled tanks and charged
various prices based on the label on the tank.

FWIW, all oxygen is too dry for extended period use. That is why they
run it through the little bottle thingy first in medical uses.
Also, if you believe in eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/about_6370762_me...ng-oxygen.html
Another aside, so although O2 USP has the same basic source as
industrial gases, it's specified., handled, distributed and tracked
differently. O2 USP has FDA mandated lot numbers to facilitate product
recalls. These lot numbers are tracked all the way to the patient.

The insurance industry plays a far larger role behind the scenes in our
daily lives than we realize. The products we can buy, the services we
use, the way they are delivered or sold to us, etc, exist because the
manufacterers, retails or providers have reached a stable (perhaps even
strained) coexistance with the insurance industry.

Which means that the Plaintiff lawyers play a far larger role,
since most of the insurance company's concerns has to do with keeping
the PL out of their pocket.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist