Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On Jun 18, 6:39*pm, (dan) wrote:
Or (if allowed in your area) you can uses a conibear trap. *The right
size kills them quick.

Forgot to include a link:http://www.oneidavictor.com/trapsett...tructions.html
Dan H.

When we trapped muskrat and beaver with them the vee fence of upright
sticks leading in was an obvious warning to keep your boots away. They
don't squeeze too hard if you let them close slowly but when they snap
on an animal they crush the neck bones.

The instructions brought back the muscle memory of how to set them. I
could do it without looking but not describe how.

At home I'd use the Havahart type, covered with clear plastic if you
worry about skunks. You do want to see what's inside.

jsw