Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus13320 Ignoramus13320 is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On 2010-06-18, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jun 18, 5:07?pm, wrote:
Not a lot of what used to be called "boy's rifles" out there, all the
boys have grown up and the manufacturers are going after thicker
wallets now.

Stan

When I grew up and had a thicker wallet I wanted a Boyes rifle:
http://www.kramersales.com/images/Fi...rtAntitank.jpg
The importer rebarreled them to .50 BMG.
It's a waste in NH, it begs for a rifle range the size of the North
African desert.

It wouldn't even have been the biggest gun on the street, someone had
one of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25_mm_H..._anti-tank_gun

If you don't have an appropriate tracked vehicle to tow it this is a
"reasonable" compromise:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39
Riley's gun store in Hooksett NH had one for sale some years ago.

And you think .380 ammo is expensive and hard to find.

jsw

My grandpa commanded something like this (if I remember his
WWII photographs correctly).

http://tinyurl.com/2cu5o56

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/280_mm_mortar_M1939_(Br-5)

He had nightmares almost every night.