Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Need a "constant torque" slip clutch

What's that Lassie? You say that Lloyd E. Sponenburgh fell down the
old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a
rescue by Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:21:55 -0500:

Dave__67 fired this volley in news:ba0b6aec-e956-
:

Ideally, aren't there constant-torque AC motors that can be stalled
indefinitely?

yep... So called "impedance protected" motors. I've been looking for one
that would produce about 20ft-lb torque at around 5 rpm.

Could you find one that would produce 10ft-lb at 10 rpm, and gear it
down

Or one at 5ft.-lb at 20rpm?
Or one at 2.5ft-lb at 40rpm?
Etc.