Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Far off topic: old fart chuggin' on

What's that Lassie? You say that Don Foreman fell down the old
rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue
by Fri, 18 Jun 2010 01:00:52 -0500:

Hey, we need a new rope for the flagpole and there's a Wal-Mawrt
within walking distance so out the door I went.

I didn't like the rope they had. "Synthetic" clothesline. Synthetic
could mean anything, recycled Chinamen for all I know. I want
nylon. The wind bangs that rope against the pole a lot, and if it
breaks and falls out of the top pulley I've no idea how the hell I'd
get a new one threaded. I'm not about to shinny up that flagpole
and I don't know anyone with a ladder that tall. I want good rope.
Line to y'all sailors.

If you wrap the rope/line around the flagpole once before you cleat
it, you won't have it slapping all the time in the wind.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.