Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Wafty shed base revisited

"TheOldFellow" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:50:44 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

The wafty shed base upon which I was supposed to erect a metal

shed has
been 'repaired'

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...wafty%20base/?
action=organize

You should have seen it before - this is a major improvement!

5 x 1 tonne/metre bags of ballast!

Someone is going to be in the market for a lot of steps!
R.

I think I'd want to shutter up in decent boards some 4 inches away
from that mess and encase it in a good quality concrete.to leave nice
clean lines to the perimeter.

I have a similar job coming up later this year where a shed on a
concrete base has been put too low relative to the surroundings, so
fills with water, also the concrete base is cracked. I'm casting a new
base 8 inches higher but totally encapsulating the existing so no
joins will be visible. Then the shed will be rebuilt.

AWEM