Melissa

Default Question about building a drawer

"Mike" wrote in message snipped
If the full height door look is absolutely critical for visual reasons
I would go with two separate doors that you open to access the
interior like rollouts in a kitchen. If you must get them out of the
way use pocketing hardware.

my 2 cents
Mike

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, this is just what I needed to hear. It
seemed large to me as well, but also seemed more workable than it apparently
would be. I think I'm going to try the suggestion above, but have decided
that instead of having the large drawer on the bottom, that I will just put
two large pull out shelves (with the reinforcement you described) with file
crates placed upon one and the other still for the printer/scanner. I think
this will give more flexibility in the future. In case anyone was curious,
I wanted a drawer front as I would be accessing the files from the side,
rather than the front, and thought that would be easier, but the
pocket/sliding door should accomplish the same thing. And I just thought
the one solid piece would look nicer, but the desk hutch next to it would
have doors anyway, so.... Thanks so much for helping me think this planning
stage through. Per Bill's concern about tipping, we have young children, so
already planned on attatching to the wall with brackets, but a good reminder
nonetheless. Thanks!

--

Melissa