Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default dust masks for spectacle wearers? UPDATE

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:57:34 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Arco are hardly "unknown" they are big supplier of PPE to industry
for a long time (est.1884) with warehouses/trade counters in many
places.I think there has been a bit of move to more "retail" selling
in recent years.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't type that as clearly as I could have. I have
heard, and indeed bought, from arco and I would have been happy to buy
from them if only I had known what to buy. Google found several other
sellers that I hadn't heard of and it was those that I was reluctant
to buy from.

Common sense in the DIY enviroment. If I was to do something "fumey"
I'd chnage the filters for new ones from one of the sealed bags and
pay attention for any detectable niffs whilst in use.

I hadn't realised my disposable filter also did fumes; I'll remember
your advice about wearing it when using nitromors. Like you say, you
can tell when to renew the filter when smells start to pass through
but I don't know how you would tell when the dust filter was ready to
be changed. As you pointed out, if it's not brick red or black dust,
the colour won't change visibly.