Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.photo.misc,uk.d-i-y

Default Rechargable batteries and information

Bodincus wrote:
(18/06/10 13:58), Chris Blunt:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:31:24 +0100,
wrote:

B) However, that proves my point. The relationship between voltage and
residual power is non-linear, and the residual power inside the battery
- whatever type it is - is not related to the voltage between the
dipoles.

So WHY the devices are still using voltage as a value to measure if a
battery is still delivering the needed power?

What else could they measure?

During idle time, small bursts through a fixed resistance circuit to
measure both voltage (and its drop under load), and current.
A bit of computation and you can measure how much oomphf the cell has left.
BTW, I hereby claim Intellectual Property for this idea.

claim away.

Its nonsense.

Knowing what current you can draw is meaningless.