Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Far off topic: old fart chuggin' on

On Jun 18, 2:00*am, Don Foreman wrote:
...She dug out
some sorta pink electronic gizmo and pushed buttons for a minute, then
entered $7.99 on the cash register and that worked. * I asked her what
the pink gadget was. *She gave me a 300-watt grin, *said it's a
calculator; she'd *knocked 20% off publisher's price and it worked.
I think she liked me. * That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. *

Every time I tell a clerk that 20% off means 80% left, which in this
case is trivially easy mental math, they give be the craziest
incredulous look like I was trying to scam or explain Laplace
transforms to them. One had to calculate it both ways to prove it to
herself.

jsw