Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Far off topic: old fart chuggin' on

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 01:00:52 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I didn't like the rope they had. "Synthetic" clothesline. Synthetic
could mean anything, recycled Chinamen for all I know. I want
nylon. The wind bangs that rope against the pole a lot, and if it
breaks and falls out of the top pulley I've no idea how the hell I'd
get a new one threaded. I'm not about to shinny up that flagpole
and I don't know anyone with a ladder that tall. I want good rope.
Line to y'all sailors.

Here in the desert, with the wind and dust...we tend to use a nice
supple, well laid, small steel cable. When tightened down properly..it
doesnt bang the flagpole hardly at all.

Gunner

Gunner Asch