Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Electrical wiring query.

srt
wibbled on Friday 18 June 2010 09:06

Hi,
As in header - - I am currently in the process of tidying up some wiring
and plugs in my garage.
I am replacing an old metal 4 plug socket block and want to fit two new 2
plug metal boxes like these or the cheaper version from screwfix:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...=null&ts=47795

I have a 25mm conduit coming down the wall to the place I am fitting the
boxes and i would appreciate it if somebody could advise what bits I need
to connect the 2 boxes together with and also to the 25mm conduit.
I have looked over the screwfix site and just get a bit confused with the
parts I need - -I was thinking of the galvanised coupler or some sutch?
Thanks.
ps. Hope the link works.
Stuart.

Hi,

Those boxes take 20mm, so you will need:

Male *or* female conduit adaptor (I prefer the female) per knockout used:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MT20FMA.html

20-25 reducer:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products...25slash20.html

Clips (first are good, 2nd is more ubiquitous)

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MT20SAD.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG20SAD.html

And some 20mm conduit between boxes.

HTH