Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Cutting Sidewalk Expansion Joints

aemeijers wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jun 16, 11:32 pm, Wilfred Xavier Pickles
wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:00:19 -0700 (PDT), jamesgangnc
wrote:
Figure you're probably going to ruin the blade of what ever you
use.
That's what I woulda figgered, but I got some alum. flashing ...
I'll try to cut a 1/2 " slot in it, put it down to protect the
blade ... Who knows? Might work.

Will

Sounds like a pita to me. I'd try an 18 tooth hacksaw blade. Wrap
one end with a rag and wear a work glove to protect your knuckles.
Saw patiently.

I'd buy a package of cheap sawzall blades at HF, and use those. If you
don't have a sawzall, the same blades fit most manual drywall saws.
(Did a real Huh? when I realized that one....)

Get real long blades so they can flex to lie flat. Use the plastic from a cut up
clorox bottle to protect the concrete under the end of the blade.