Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Alexander[_2_] Alexander[_2_] is offline

Default Sizing a mini-split a/c

wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:40:09 -0400, Don Wiss
wrote:

A friend is looking into putting in a mini-split air conditioner. The room
does not have an outside wall. She has calculated that she needs 6000 to
7000 BTU--max. But all single zone units I find are about 9000 BTU. She
very much does not want an oversized unit that leaves the room cold and
clammy.

Some units I find have a dehumidifying mode. Does this mean that when it
reaches the set point temperature it continues to run to remove the
humidity?

It rusn teh fan at a lower speed, to increase the humidity
ratio it removes.

Dammit, Paul, I told you not to buy the cheap booze.....;-p

Investigating the Sanyo LS093CE (115 volts, no heat mode) it appears that
the unit can either be run as a/c, or run as a dehumidifier. And that there
is also a condensate line that is run from the indoor unit. What would be
better is a unit that above the set point it is a/c and below it is a
dehumidifier. Does such exist?

Don' worry about it. Get one with 'dehumidify mode' as above.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).