Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default left hinge door, right hinge storm

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
We've got a left-hinge door, and my husband wants to install the storm
door
right-hinge. Here's a picture of our setup:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/house/o...ontOfHouse.jpg

(It shows the old door and storm both of which were installed left-
hinge.)

It seems really inconvenient to me, and I'm trying to talk him out of
it
(although I expect to lose, as I have lost every damned point on our
current project.)

Does anybody have anything that I could use to persuade him?

Thanks,

Cindy Hamilton

What do you do with whatever you are holding in your hands, as you go
through the door?

You are right, it is a dumb idea. I've seen a few houses (as a kid)
where there was no other choice for clearance reasons, and it was always
akward.

--
aem sends...