Posted to alt.home.repair
Tegger[_2_] Tegger[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Decision Process: Replace Timing Belt Now or Wait?

(Doug Miller) wrote in
:

In article
,
Smitty Two wrote:

Uh, I think that was Tegger's point, Doug.

Uh, I think not, considering that he explicitly claimed that the cost
per mile to replace it later was double the the cost per mile to
replace it now.

What part of "one cent per mile ... two cents per mile" did you find
confusing?

I posted an update and correction/clarification to that this morning at
8:35.

I said:

"That was indeed my point, but I expressed it badly.
"To say it more clearly: If you keep the vehicle much over 110K, you've got
a belt-change in there anyway, so that money /will/ get spend whether you
spend it now or you spend it later. And if you spend it "later", you start
to stray into belt-breakage territory, which is not wise with a Honda."

Where that reply went, I don't know, but it's not in my server's copy of
this group.

--
Tegger