Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Kevin's Conundrums...

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article ions,
Kevin Miller wrote:

I haven't seen one of Mac's Musings in a while, so humbly offer up this
installment of Kevin's Conundrums instead. I'm stumped. When glue is
in the bottle, it doesn't dry. I presume because of the lack of
significant contact with air. You smear it on a piece of wood and slap
another piece on it, and presto, it dries. But there's no air there
either! What's up w/that? Magic wood fairies or something?

Why do you think there's no air in a wood joint?

May be a slight amount, but certainly much less than in the bottle! I
think Fred is on to it with the wood absorbing the moisture...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska