Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.photo.misc,uk.d-i-y,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Rechargable batteries and information

"Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote in message
"David Woolley" wrote in message
Ian Jackson wrote:

Are 'modern' DAB radios designed to work with the lower voltage you get
from NiMH (1.2V compared with 1.5V for non-rechargeable)? I've not tried
it lately, but I recall that my DAB radio (my ONLY DAB radio) doesn't
last long on rechargeables - maybe only an hour or two. After that, it
will keep going for some time on FM.

That's going to be expensive on non-rechargeables! The end point voltage
for alkalines is about 0.9 volts, and they spend quite a lot of their
life below 1.2.

Indeed.

There is an appallingly large amount of equipment around doesn't get
anywhere near using all the available energy in the expensive batteries
that power it.

I've had particularly bad experiences with digital cameras.

If you use alkaline batteries, just keep the 'exhausted' ones and put them
in something else.

I find they run a quartz analogue clock for six months.

--
Max Demian