Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default left hinge door, right hinge storm

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
We've got a left-hinge door, and my husband wants to install the storm
door
right-hinge. Here's a picture of our setup:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/house/o...ontOfHouse.jpg

(It shows the old door and storm both of which were installed left-
hinge.)

It seems really inconvenient to me, and I'm trying to talk him out of
it
(although I expect to lose, as I have lost every damned point on our
current project.)

Does anybody have anything that I could use to persuade him?

Thanks,

Cindy Hamilton

Absent a compelling reason to do otherwise I would never install one that
way for all the small PITA problems already mentioned.

Now having said that I must confess that I have 2 rental house where I have
done that for 2 compelling reasons. Tenants and kids never take the time to
make sure the door fully closes and the normal wind direction blows them
open ripping them off the hinges. By putting the hinges on the predominant
wind side I am no longer replacing storm doors on a regular basis.

--
Colbyt