Posted to alt.home.repair
uncle K uncle K is offline

Default left hinge door, right hinge storm

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

We've got a left-hinge door, and my husband wants to install the storm
door right-hinge.

Our most used entry door and its screen door are set up with opposite
hinges. It could have been same side hinges, but it works fine... probably
better. I recently added a new exterior door and storm door to a deck. In
this case, opposite hinges was the only practical way to go.

From the exterior, it appears that you would approach the front door from
the left side, rather than straight on, so opposite side hinges would work
great. Sorry. Besides, husbands are always right.

;-{