Posted to alt.home.repair

Default left hinge door, right hinge storm

On Jun 17, 10:33*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 17, 10:21*am, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

We've got a left-hinge door, and my husband wants to install the storm
door
right-hinge. *Here's a picture of our setup:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/house/o...ontOfHouse.jpg

(It shows the old door and storm both of which were installed left-
hinge.)

It seems really inconvenient to me, and I'm trying to talk him out of
it
(although I expect to lose, as I have lost every damned point on our
current project.)

Does anybody have anything that I could use to persuade him?

If the hinges are on the same side, it's easier to hold the storm door
open with your back as you unlock the front door.

If the hinges are on the opposite side, you'll be reaching into the
more constricted part of the opening to unlock the front door. *If you
have anything at all in your hands besides the key, this will be
annoying.

Thanks, I'll try that one. But we mostly use the front door to
accept delivery of a pizza. Otherwise, we use the back door,
which is closer to the detached garage.

If your husband can't see this, he's just being difficult. *Retaliate
in any of the numerous ways open to you.

The problem is, he's the youngest of five boys, and I'm an only child.
He's much more inventive and experienced than I am.

I'm sure I'll think of something. Perhaps I'll start "forgetting"
the
sugar in his coffee.

Cindy Hamilton