Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default Auto Body metal working / HF items

James Waldby wrote:

A year ago I bought a couple of 24" vernier calipers at HF for $7 each;
closeout items, so might not be available anymore, but worth looking
for. They're not super-duper items for metalworking, but great for
carpentry; aluminum rather than steel, and 1/128" resolution on the
inch scale, 0.05mm on the metric scale, good feel to the slide and
overall good appearance.

I bought one of those too. It looked good, and I was amazed you could
buy anything like that for less than $10.
I have yet to use it, but it looks good hanging on the pegboard.
Might have to buy another for the house