Dan

Default Dust Collection

James D Kountz wrote:
First thing that popped into my mind was that for about $30-40 more one
could just buy the Grizzly collector (G1029Z - pg 120 of the new catalog)
which is now being shipped with a .3 micron bag and does 1550 cfm already.
Nothing to build or swap out just hook it up and it sucks!!

Jim

Well, actually it's a bit more with the $55 shipping, but I'm stuck with
120 volts and 60 amps max for a while. I have to take the next model
down and make the best of it. If there's a chance I can get better
efficiency by adding another bag, whether it's really pulling 1200 CFM
or not, I'm happy to listen. :-)

And I believe Bill at http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/ :
For any given dust collector you can pretty much figure you'll get half
of what they rate it for, or worse, right off the bat.

What I've also been considering is leaving the DC just the way it is,
putting it in a corner and enclosing it in a bunch of good furnace
filters on a 2x2 frame. The shop's pretty small, wouldn't need a lot of
duct and hose to get it to every machine. Think that's worth an experiment?

Dan