Mark Webb

Default Choosing location for kitchen appliances

2) Given the need to position an extractor hood over, is there any
problem with locating an electric hob right up to a window opening
(i.e. along side, not in front of)? No curtains but probably an
inset blind in the reveal.

Again, I'd leave a reasonable gap. Say 200mm+, if only for aesthetics.

Due to the fall of cabinets for the hood, I'd need to allow less than half
that if we put the hob where my wife want (near the proposed oven), rather
than near the sink.

3) To position a built in over near a corner, how much side clearance
should there be to stop the oven scorching the cabinets facing
(around the corner) when the door's open?

Maybe a bit more. 300mm?

Once again, if I have to leave more than about 150 I've no room for the
fridge.

I'll probably go along to a kitchen designer anyway (MFI or where ever)
just to see if they have any good idvice I've not thought of.

Tried this with B&Q. They but the hob near the sink, the built in oven
next to the free standing fridge, with the oven separated from the near
(round the corner) cabinet door by a 6" wine rack insert.

Mark W.