Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Small bugs in kitchen, what are they, how to remove? pic

Chris (SilverUnicorn) wrote:
On Jun 16, 12:52 pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
G. Morgan wrote:

These things look like ants, but they're not. They have a fat lower section
unlike an ant I've seen. They are very tiny, and can be found only around the
kitchen sink area. Any ideas what they are and how to kill them?
Here is the best pic I could get.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2nuiyjq.jpg
Thanks

I don't know what they are, but putting them in a salad and eating them
will probably kill them.

I'm sorry, but that was really funny

We have small moth-like bugs in our kitchen that seem to get T the
grains. Not sure what they are wither, and I am not in the mood for
salad, so I will have to find another way to rid of them.

Chris

Those are probably some kind of weevil...I can't recall the name. They
arrive as eggs or larva in grain, pasta, etc. If stored long enough,
they will hatch. I had a bad infestation and couldn't find the problem.
Cleaned out, I thought, all the suspect packages. What I missed, in
the very back of a top shelf, was a very old partially used pkg. of
couscous. It was loaded and had produced enough little critters to get
into another pkg. of pasta.