Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DVD Connections

On Jun 16, 4:28 pm, "J. Simmons" wrote:
This may be the wrong group But...I want to replace my vcr with a DVD
recorder but am not sure about the
connections. My cable service comes in on a Coax cable (75 ohm?) which is
connected directly to a vcr and then to a cable ready TV. I have no cable
"box". I assume I need a DVD recorder with a built in tuner but will the
coax cable connect directly to the DVD recorder. It is my impression the
recorder has RCA inputs. Thanks.

You need a DVD recorder with a QAM tuner. That will have coax input
and receive unscrambled cable channels, just like your TV. If you
just record programs to watch within a week or two and don't need
permanent storage, a personal video recorder would be a better
choice. The ability to easily search for and schedule programs,
integrated program guide, ability to schedule recording of season's
passes, huge storage capability, etc make them a better choice for
that application.