Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts chaniarts is offline

Default Permitting: rat on neighbor?

Heathcliff wrote:
snip
I agree. When my neighbor fenced his yard, I was vaguely aware that
there were some rules about sight lines from driveways but I didn't
pursue it. His non-conforming fence basically runs all along my
driveway to the sidewalk. By code, it should have stopped 15 feet
short of the sidewalk. And now I see why: as I'm backing up out of
the driveway, I'm scared to death one of his kids will shoot out from
behind that fence on a tricycle or something. In retrospect there was
a darn good reason for the rule and I wish I'd spoken up earlier. --

there's nothing preventing you from doing so now. the city would make him
remove the fence if it doesn't meet code.