Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Some Truth Comes Out about the Abby Sunderland case

"Mike Marlow" wrote
Your point on ethics is not lost, but I have to wonder about another side
of it. It's quite possible that mariners and SAR teams, and other
associated groups might just hold a certain kinship with record breakers
(or attempted record breakers) and as a support of sorts, and consider
their roles in the eventual failure of the effort to be a contribution to
that effort. Sort of a team member thing. This whole kinship thing has
been rolling around in my head as these conversations have unfolded. Of
course - I have no idea if that is true or not...

You seem to have an open mind about this. I'm not sure that is allowed
here.

You do have a point though. Just as the local volunteer fire departments
have a lot of dedicated people, they also have a few really gung ho types
that would rescue a beetle from a mountaintop just so they can be a part of
it.