Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default Back when ICs had less than 10 transistors...

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:41:50 -0600, "Dave Ulmer"
wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:48:29 -0600, "Dave Ulmer"
wrote:

Dave...

Idiot! "IC"s NEVER "had less than ten transistors", you stupid twit.

The very first IC HAD ten transistors, so there were none "that had
less".

The Diode Transistor Logic (DTL) single flip flop ICs that I used in 1969
had less than 10 transistors!

Dave...

The first IC was in 1960 and had 10 transistors.

Your ICs came AFTER that, so your topic header ain't real bright.

By 1969 most ICs had more than that on them. I am sure there are still
a few out there that do not, but damn few, and damn costly. A lot better
to put eight of your chips onto on chip and the user uses what they need.

How many folks are still doing discreet component based logic circuit
layouts? I mean, aside from the basics like a diode or pull up, etc.?
Even then, we do things in banks and use chips with multiple iterations
of something on them, like quad op amps, etc.