Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Permitting: rat on neighbor?

clipped

How about if a code official drives by and sees it? Then you have
the exact same thing and potential for war without anyone having
reported it. Code officials usually aren't going to say your
neighbor reported you. They will just show up, say they saw
construction, and ask about what is going on.

The first time I ever made a code complaint, it was about junk my
husband stored outside of our condo (in the common areas). I sure
didn't want to do it, and tried other means first (of course). Hubby is
a pack rat and neighbors were complaining. I read that one could make
anonymous complaints, so I emailed one ) Code people came by, with my
email in hand, with the email addy that only my husband would recognize.
That was the first time I got in trouble with him, not the last )