Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Roll your own air compressor?

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:16:18 -0700 (PDT), Vernon
wrote:

I bought the vacuum head attachment and installed it with a street
elbow in the inlet hole, facing down to help exclude dirt. I pulled it
off coincidentally this morning to clean the filter after 5 years. The
filter was barely discolored and the small amount of sawdust or
whatever that was sucked in had stuck to the inside wall opposite the
street elbow.

jsw

Jim. If I'm not mistaken it was only today, and precisely the result
of me reading one of your discussions about your compressor that got
me interested in cobbling something together. I found your comments
(if indeed it was you!) by searching google for the compressor model
number. Your post was in response to somebody saying that a small
compressor was "useless in the real world" or words to that effect.

Small world.

Ayup..pretty much, unless your world only has a lot of air mattresses
and beach balls and really small spray rigs.

Gunner

Gunner Asch