Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default OT - Decision Process: Replace Timing Belt Now or Wait?

On Jun 15, 11:05*pm, aemeijers wrote:
Ron wrote:
On Jun 15, 4:16 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
"Ron" wrote in message

On Jun 15, 10:59 am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Tell your friend to stop being a moron for a day and get the belt & water
pump replaced.
Yeah, and why he's at it, he should also get the AC compressor and the
alternator replaced. (rolling eyes).

============

On what planet would the AC compressor make your **necessarily** car stop
running? *The word "necessarily" eliminates mentioning the one exceptional
condition under which it might happen, because that situation is avoidable
by operating a switch.

You obviously missed the point. No comment on the alternator? What
about the power steering pump...should he get that replaced also?

The whole concept of external vs. internal components hard for you to
grasp? You replace water pump with the rubber band timing belt because
the thing is apart anyway, and all you are paying for is the part. The
stuff hung off the engine is much less labor to change, other than the
evac/refill and pressure test on the A/C.

Please point out to me where the OP said the car in question has a
internal water pump driven by the timing belt, smartass.

Not ALL cars (including the 3 that I own) have an internal water pump,
Mr Know It All.