Posted to alt.home.repair
VM[_4_] VM[_4_] is offline

Default Like plywood, but weatherproof - followup

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 07:12:39 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
VM wrote:

Looking for something to use as a simple unattached 'floor' for on a
fire escape. Needs to be rain-proof of course. A big sheet of 1/8"
aluminum would probably do it, but I have a feeling that there are
cheaper ways. Anyone know of anything?

How about some grating? McMaster sells steel and fiberglass stuff, but
they may not be the least expensive place to buy it.

Thanks for the various opinions about this. It appears that some kind
of metal grating would be the best and safest. I figured that I need
two pieces of flat metal plate, perforated or not. If perforated,
they'd need to be relatively small holes, like 1/2" diameter or so.

Problem is that they're odd sizes, so I'd need to get them cut. About
4-1/2 feet square. Is there a good place to mail order something like
that?