Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Acrylic windows

On Jun 15, 8:45*am, "Jean" wrote:
I currently have vinyl windows on my (Florida) porch. I've heard that the
latest acrylic windows are pretty good and I was thinking about replacing
the vinyl windows with them. Has anyone used the acrylic windows? If so, are
they pretty scratch resistant? Would you use them again?

Thanks,

Jean

Pollutants in air and water etch glass over time but it can be cleaned
with products like Zud that have oxalic acid, I just had workers clean
a greenhouses glass that would not come clean with windex, Plastics
age and could never take that cleaning and will show wear from
repeated cleanings, it will also likely yellow and need replacing in
20 years, glass will look good 10x longer. Ive seen old plexiglass on
a church covering the stained glass, it looked bad. Car headlights are
plastic, many are junk after 5-15 years, Stay with glass.