Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default Sony PVM-2950 Horizontal Pincushion Problem

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:09:45 -0700, Ippei Okamura ǝʇoɹʍ:

Hello,

I have Sony PVM-2950 with pincushion problem. The image bows toward the
center of the screen from both top and bottom. I believe this symptom
is called "horizontal" or "north- south" pincushion problem.
I tired to adjust it in service mode, but I was unable to control the
amount of bowing at top and bottom of the screen. I can control barrel
shaped pincushion (east-west) but it does nothing on top and bottom of
the screen.

Is there anything that I can adjust horizontal pincushion without
opening the set?
Could somebody please give me a clue on what is causing this problem and
where and what to look for?
I have a service manual but because I am not an expert, only thing I can
think of is some failure in VC, DX, or part of A board.

This is first time I'm posting, so please let me know if I'm doing
something wrong.
I would appreciate any response..

I've read somewhere those things have a hidden Optimode test pattern in
the service mode usefull for pincushion and convergence. But I have no
idea how to access it.