Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.rec.photo.misc,uk.d-i-y,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default Rechargable batteries and information

In message ford.ac,
Alan Clifford writes
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, Ian Jackson wrote:

Are 'modern' DAB radios designed to work with the lower voltage you
get from NiMH (1.2V compared with 1.5V for non-rechargeable)? I've
not tried it lately, but I recall that my DAB radio (my ONLY DAB
radio) doesn't last long on rechargeables - maybe only an hour or
two. After that, it will keep going for some time on FM.

I have one that takes C size cells and it just doesn't work with
rechargable. I tried with some old nicads. It works if I put an extra
two into the circuit.

I have a couple of Roberts dab radios that have a switch to select
battery type. These seem OK.

Noted. Thanks.
Of course, in most sets, you can't simply add a couple more batteries.
--
Ian