Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Abby Sunderland - Uh oh... the rest of the story ,,,

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Something for you folks erecting Strawmen (Marlowe and Clarke in
particular), particularly this gem from a Responsible circumnavigator:

Hey Lobby - screw you. The strawmen in this thread have been erected at
your hand.

[Interestingly enough, in the July issue of Latitude, you'll read
about a woman who was attempting to do the same circumnavigation as
Abby - but on her own dime and without any publicity. She was also
forced to stop in Cape Town because of boat problems. Seeing as
winter was fast approaching in the Southern Ocean, this woman, who
had already completed a normal solo circumnavigation, decided it was
too unsafe and unfair to those who might have to rescue her if she
restarted. She'll try again during the next Southern Ocean summer. ]

Fries with that Crow?

Eating crow how? Again with the inability to comprehend the written word.
As you have attempted repeated efforts to misconstrue contributions this
thread, and throw out a continuous stream of misdirection, you have
completely missed direct statements from at least me, that indicate I do not
consider her to be without responsibility. Of course one would have to
invest more than a desire to throw out irrelevant quips to have seen that.

--

-Mike-