Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default What's the trick to mowing grass on a steep hill with a gas push mower

It depends on the length of the slope. I have a short banking and
bought a cheap electric corded mower. I put a rope around the handle
(length depends on banking length), stand at the top, and simply drag
the mower up and down.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:46:33 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 16:26:57 -0400, aemeijers
wrote:

willshak wrote:
Elmo wrote the following:

(snip)
Before I try something stupid, I figured I'd ask you guys if you've
solved
the problem of trying to mow with a gas push mower (it's all I have) on a
steep slope.

A sickle or scythe.

Talk about ER bait. Assuming you can even find one anywhere, using one
of those puppies is definitely a hard skill to master. Even assuming you
don't gash yourself, if your back is in less than great shape, you will
hurt at the end of the day.

And I'm sure it doesn't help that it's on a hill here.