Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_3_] Sunworshipper[_3_] is offline

Default A candidate for membership on RCM?

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:22:06 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:39:17 -0500, Sunworshipper
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:32:44 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:17:38 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:47:52 -0700,
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 23:14:04 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

http://la-gun.com:80/videos/manning/

Who would have guessed that you couldn't resist bringing that kind of
BS to RCM? Has his name joined yours and gummers yet on the list of
"great cull" participants?

Wayne

I knew you'd enjoy it.

I watched about the first minute. The only thing I enjoyed was seeing
you advertise your preference for that kind of thing.

Feel free to crosspost.

I don't start threads with such nonsense. All it's good for is to
ridicule the ranter, and those who believe that psychotic rants will
bring people around to agreeing with any of them.

Wayne

Ayw your no fun... Hey I spent most of the morning going through
boxes and boxes of nut bolts screws pins set screws nails wood screws
taps machine parts, trying to organize.

I watched the whole thing with excitement. Been run over by blacks
during and after Rodney. He wants to participate , but didn't leave
his number...

SW

PS Ever live down south? That was good stuff. Mac Daddy!

Oh, the other day I was chopping up the old scaffolding and making it
shorter for different applications. Sometimes the weld goes down right
perfect and then it is right back to blowing holes in the substrate. I
figure it is because I can not see clearly enough to see what the ****
I'm doing. Have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

You may have pegged it yourself. Not being able to clearly see the
puddle makes controlling it problematic.

What kind of rod are you using? It may be that a lower penetration
"drag" rod like 6013 or 7014 might make things easier.

But , Don I was hoping wmbjk would help. It's my first welder. It just
showed up in the father-in-law's truck at work in Vegas he didn't have
room so he tossed it on my simi trailer.

It is a Sears 35-230 amp output and welds up to 3/16" rod. It's set
around 170 amp and using E6011 5/32". Scaffolding is 1/8" and 3/32"
(guessing) box tubing. I need to come up with some kind of lead screw
to change the setting with this thing cause the only way this big
plastic part moves is if ya hit it with a piece of wood. Then It moves
too far.

Seems to be almost a physiological thing. Just when it's finally
working like a pro it's back to sticking or blowing holes through it.
You know, just when you think your pretty smart it goes to **** cause
ya took that moment and lost that fleeting cutting edge.

Got me, its done and set up. Used one end of a forklift rack bolted to
two sideways H's with locking casters. Took awhile to dream it up with
the least amount of parts to reach a 13' vaulted ceiling and then back
down to 10'. The floor keeps the rack part from twisting. sounds like
a dinosaur putting it together by myself, as usual.

Glass seems as light as one would dare go. Maybe I need to turn it
down a bit and learn that illusive technique of having it not stick.

Not like the first time I've welded. Have brazed, wire feed, and
stick, just not good at it. And have never had any advice. Never did
understand my dad, had lots of tools, and always heard you'll figure
it out. Can't wait till I get some tanks and make acetalene black air
floaters.

SW