Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default pitfalls in replacing old toilet?

HeyBub wrote:
Tom wrote:
Colbyt wrote:
Measure from the wall, not the baseboard, to the flange bolts, the
ones in the floor. If it is 11-1/4" to 12-1/2" any modern toilet
you buy should work fine.

You may also be able to score a free used tank by cruising around
the day before trash pickup.

To fully understand what you ate getting into I suggest this article:
http://househomerepair.com/4-Replaci...-Part-One.html

Be glad to answer any follow-up questions you might have

well yes, I do have one. Since this is the only toilet in the house,
i figure I'd better just buy a new one (Koehler Wellworth) and get
the job over with, ASAP. I've watched every video I could find online.

However, I'm wondering if I can get an all-in-one-box kit home in my
car? Will it fit in the trunk or back seat?

If it won't fit, open the box while in the parking lot and put all the parts
on the back seat. Abandon the box.

Awful hard to return it if you do that....

--
aem sends...